Saturday, July 24

Beaches

I've always claimed that I'm not a beach girl, but the beaches in the northwest softened me and the beaches in the UK and Ireland (remember this one?) have totally won me over. I love the tide-pools, rocks, cold lapping waves and a feeling of mystery and stillness that I find so peaceful and inviting.

We visited two beaches on our trip. We took several trips to this beach, which was quite close to our cottage, through the week. One morning Mom and Dad stayed at the cottage with Rowan while Jim and I took just Jonah to the beach and dunes by our house. It was really lovely to have a couple hours with just Jonah.


The other beach we visited was only a couple miles down the coast, but had a very different feel. We all spent an afternoon at the beach in Barmouth and it was a more 'touristy' beach with bumper cars and an American Doughnut stand. The tide had left an enourmous kiddie pool and Jonah played happily for over an hour with his imaginary islands. It was holidaying at its best!



No comments: