Sunday, December 4

Right Now

:: we're all trying to get sleep 
:: a few Christmas toys and decorations have emerged, but it will be a slow process this year.  
:: there is a lot of reading going on around here.  Christmas books have been brought out.  Jonah is enjoying Mrs. Pepperpot Stories, The Wise Enchanter (he's read this book so many times!), Carole Marsh mysteries and, as always, a lot of Magic Treehouse rereading!  I just finished Artichoke Hearts (on the Carnegie Short List), The Good Shepherd and the Child: A Joyful Journey (Lovely collection of essays on a child's spiritual development), and Moon over Manifest (Last years Newbery Medal), which is WONDERFUL!
:: we are feeling warmed and grateful for meals from friends.  So much yummy food through the past week as we adjust to life as five!  Thank you dear friends!
::  Advent has begun and we're enjoying the Jesse Tree (though we are already behind), The Light in the Lantern stories (I wrote about this last year here and hope to write a bit more later this month as I love this collection of stories!) and a bit of advent godly play.
:: and mostly, I'm just trying to soak in all the baby goodness I can.  These first days are so precious and I'm trying to keep life slow and quiet so I can enjoy the little moments.



2 comments:

Laura said...

I can't think of anything better to be doing than to be soaking in baby bliss, reading, and thinking on advent--I want to come over right now! I wish we were on the same continent these days...but you are always in my thoughts, dear sister and I hope you have a blessed and restful advent season.

Kristy said...

Congratulations Emily! Isaac is so precious. What an unforgettable Christmas season you will have with your sweet little boys.