Friday, March 5

Wheels

I am extremely grateful for our feet, our stroller, and the ergo carrier that consistently carry us, our groceries, our thrift store finds and our boys in and out of town. I really do love the car-less lifestyle. But, this weekend, I'm grateful to have a car! Rowan had an appointment in Dundee today and I decided that this mama needed to get out of St. Andrews and not by walking a mile and a half and then busing with two wee men to Dundee. So we rented a car, something that we've talked about a lot since moving here, but haven't done. We won't be doing it often as it is expensive and we don't really need it, but oh we're enjoying a weekend with wheels. And they gave us a Prius - a little dream car that tells us how efficiently we're driving and gets great milage.

Going across the Tay bridge I couldn't help remember my last ride across it in the middle of the night and in labor.
And we kept going north after Rowan's appointment, but we'll continue this little Scottish adventure in installments. We'll see how I do this weekend. We're also hoping to use the car to stock up on dry goods, gardening supplies and other lasting groceries. I'm also planning a couple more outings... we'll see where we end up.

No comments: