Saturday, February 27

A long way to easter

Well, sometimes I'm wise enough to let go of my original ambitious plan and go with something else. Last year (you may remember this), I began sewing little felt ornaments or drawing pictures to hang for each of the forty days of lent that represented a story from Jesus' ministry. But, I didn't finish last year and I had hoped to make a wall hanging with pockets before this lent began. Well, it hasn't and won't happen this year, so we went with a lenten chain to help us remember on this journey of Lent. Instead of doing the stories from the ministry of Jesus we are doing names of Jesus. I used the list of scripture from Zimmerman's Celebrating the Church Year and wrote the passage on each link in the chain. I did include sundays, so even though we started about a week late there were still forty links. The green link is palm sunday, the black good friday and the white is Easter. We are all enjoying this daily reminder that we are journeying toward the mystery of Easter and it only took one nap time to complete, which is a real bonus in life right now.

No comments: