Thursday, February 4

Accidental Spring Hat

This past September, in a moment of waiting for baby, I cast a hat on for Jonah... but I didn't use a pattern, let alone check my gage. I made it of the soft organic Rowan wool that I used for baby's sweater. At some point it was clear that, while the hat would nice, it would be far too small for Jonah's head, and when Rowan was born it seemed woefully big. But, I think it will fit just right in about a month, which is perfect as it is a little lighter weight than some, and it will see Rowan through Spring.

Rowan was working really hard to not look at the camera. Brother's lego towers were so exciting.


Rowan is loving this Bumbo seat we inherited from someone in the St. Mary's community. He'll sit there and watch Jonah play for long periods of time, which is great because, somehow, adding one baby seems to have doubled this family's laundry, and sometimes I feel like putting clothes on and off drying racks is a full time job in and of itself.

1 comment:

Dodd Family said...

his cheeks are so chubba bubba sweet!