Wednesday, November 28

A Starry Birthday Crown

I do so love making birthday crowns.  It was fun to make a crown for my star-baby and I thought I'd share a couple close ups.  The Creative Family has a pattern for a crown very simular to this one (I made Jonah's off of that pattern and now just use his as a general guide).  I used wool from this stack that my mom surprised me with when we arrived back in the states in August.  This felt is so thick and luscious; it is a dream to sew (and you don't need interfacing as it is so thick)!

I also just created a label for birthday crowns, for this is the sixth I've made.  You can see them all by clicking here.



It is a little big, because I've learned if it isn't a little large the first year it is tight ever after... but it fit fine (especially considering he probably wore it for a total of five minutes before taking it off.)

5 comments:

Phyllis said...

It is so beautiful. You are gifted.

EricaG said...

I adore the crown. And what a sweet face that boy has.

Laura said...

Love the crown! Your handiwork, as always, is exquisite! I was thinking of Isaac all day on his big birthday day! What a sweetie he is. Miss you!

Watkins said...

Thanks for your comments! He certainly is a sweetie and was such a fun baby to celebrate!

Brandy said...

That is very beautiful!