Monday, June 28

Bags, Bags, and more Bags

In the past few weeks bags have been rolling off of the sunporch. 11 of them are the Magic Treehouse drawstring backpacks from Jonah's birthday party. Along with a research notebook (like Jack's from the story) and a pencil, they were the party favors.
Then yesterday I found myself back on the sunporch as I wanted to make a wee bag to be home to Jonah's marbles (he received a haba ball track for his birthday - photo at the end of this post.) I'm concerned about the marbles as they are choking hazards for the baby. We've only given him two to play with because I think he will keep track of them better this way and I can be more sure they are both where they ought to be. But, they were in need of something to store them in... and drawstring bags are so often the solution for organizational dilemmas.
Then I made a project that Jonah planned over the Christmas holidays. He was given a leap pen and books over Christmas and I let him chose fabric to make a bag for them. He chose this bright vintage print at the remnant shop I love so much near my family home in Pennsylvania.
And after making the bag and adding some top stitching I realized that I had unintentionally made a casing for a drawstring and that that was what the bag needed to finish it off. We leave for Wales in just over a week, so this is one bag that is pre-packed and ready to go. Now I just have to pack up the rest of the house (everything has to be stored as our home is being rented for the Open). I'm off to the packing!

No comments: