Monday, March 8

Preparing for Bookclub with a Baby on my Knee


And a cup of hot chocolate - yum! I love this book. I read it a couple years ago when Jim's uncle recommended it to me. I really enjoyed it then, but wanted to revisit it when I had more time to process it. So when it was my turn to present books for bookclub this was my first choice. I liked it even better the second time. I suppose it is a parable about faith and I would recommend it highly, though I will warn you that it isn't a happily every after.

Here is a favorite quote from the book that reminds me of why I keep writing in this space - to find the extra in the ordinary of our day. It is a spiritual discipline, a kind of prayer.

"Emilio could be so casual and funny that you forgot sometimes that he was a priest and it came as a surprise when you saw his face during the Mass, or watched him doing something ordinary extraordinarily well, in the Jesuit way of making everyday labor a form of prayer."

No comments: