Monday, March 15

Mothering Sunday Project

Yesterday was Mothering Sunday in the UK. It is the equivalent to US Mother's Day. And after some yummy Daddy made waffles and coffee in the morning I had some time to myself to sew. I had bought jungle print curtains for a pound at a charity shop in the fall. I love the print and using curtains to make envelope style pillow covers only took two seams as I just used the hem from the curtain and pinked the inner edge. The big cushion is just a repurposed cushion with the second curtain wrapped around it. It makes a lovely little couch in the sun porch for two little boys to sit and read or ponder life.

And the pillows were so fast that I decided to whip up a little quilt too. It is backed with tan cotton, the other squares are brown flannel and I just used some vintage copper colored bias tape for the binding. It is quite small, just the right size to cover a preschoolers lap while he reads.
We spent a good portion of the morning in this spot today and I was delighted to find it is pretty comfy for Mum too. It was a perfect mothering sunday project as one of my favorite parts of mothering is creating warm purposeful spaces.

No comments: