Monday, March 15

Happy St. Patrick's Day

The nature table is turning toward spring. We picked ferns on our hike across the street this morning and I'm really enjoying the green.
I wanted Jonah to listen to the "Adventures in Odyssey" St. Patrick: heart of fire. It is one of my favorite Odyssey episodes. I own it, but it is somewhere in storage in Seattle. I thought he could listen online, but unfortunately they haven't aired it recently enough to be in the archives you can listen to. But, fortunately, Jonah discovered that he likes listening to Odysseys, so while he listened to Fairy Tal-e-vision (which was quite funny, though he didn't get any of the TV references) I made a little St. Patrick. I think he looks more like a root child with a beard. I like him though and want to make some more in other colors. I love felt!
Clover rolls, sausages and potato/celeriac mash (died green), and some broad beans - St. Patty's day dinner was pretty yummy. And for the North Americans reading this who haven't discovered the wonders of sausage for dinner, don't imagine store bought breakfast sausage - these local farmers market wonders are a whole other beast - and oh so yummy!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Emily,
Can you give me some information about the farmer's market here? I have no idea where it is or when it is, but I'd love to see what they have! I'm enjoying your posts, as always.

Laura said...

I LOVE yor St. Patrick--you are so clever--and loved seeing Jonah in his awesome clover sweater!