Friday, June 21

Seven!


Jonah turned seven on Sunday. Grandma and Granddad were here for the day.  Jim and my Dad worked most of the day putting up our fence and Grandma played Lord of the Rings Risk with the birthday boy.  It was a quiet (though busy) day.  It was a simple day.  But, I do believe that our boy felt celebrated.  If there is one thing I've learned over the past seven years, it is that often my plans are for me.  All the boys really need to feel special is time and attention (and maybe a couple new lego sets).

It was fun to celebrate Jonah in this new space where I pray he will thrive.  Determined, intense, and on a eternal quest for knowledge; this boy of mine challenges me and sharpens me daily.  Sweet and sensitive; it is fun to watch him grow.  Seven will be a big year, with a new city to make home and a first day of school approaching; there will be lots of challenges and growth.  But, I am confident that this boy of mine is ready to take flight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Jonah! Sounds like he had a wonderful day--we certainly were thinking of him! Do you think you'll be heading to Kittanning sometime this summer, because we picked him up a little birthday gift while on vacation. :)