Friday, September 9

Seven Days of Creation: Day Five

:: Sea Creatures and Birds
The past week and a half has been full - in the very best sense of the word.  Full of extra children while parents worked or had a baby (hooray!), full of meals for others, full of friends for play dates, full of fun outings, full of learning and laughing.  And by yesterday afternoon I was ready to crash and so when I woke up today to rain, it was with a sigh of relief.  With no looking back I nixed plans of bird watching in the morning and heading to the aquarium in the afternoon.  I wore my PJs till 2 and we spent the morning snuggled in bed our ship while learning all about sea creatures we could find in the Atlantic Ocean.  I didn't plan it, it just happened.  Then on this blustery day I decided to bust out the hot chocolate, which we haven't enjoyed since last winter, and read some of our favorite books about birds.  It was fun, and more importantly, I felt a bit more rested at the end of the day than I have in quite a while.

Book Note: Above Jonah is reading the Kingfisher Animal Encyclopedia, which both boys are crazy about!  The bird books we enjoyed were Count the Birdies by Matthew Porter, The Prince of Birds illustrated by Amanda Hall (adapted from Washington Irving's Tales of the Alhambra), Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni, The Cuckoo's Haiku by Michael Rosen and illustrated by Stan Fellows (this is an all time favorite!) and Usborne's First Nature Birds.  

No comments: