Friday, July 22

Here

We are here, but I forgot my camera cord in Scotland, so I'm working on getting some photos uploaded, but it might take a bit.

The trip here was eventful - an air sick child, grumpy old men, a cancelled flight, extra legs to the trip, staring ladies, lost baggage, sleeping children to get up stairs onto a plane, 7 extra hours, a bouncing baby on a long flight...  All I can say is if you are considering traveling with two small children alone when pregnant - think again. And if you decide to go for it it, don't feel bad about lots of gummy smurfs (for boys) and chocolate bars (for mum) purchased at extremely high prices in the Paris airport while you wait for three extra hours.  Oh yes, it was eventful.

But we are here now, over jet lag, with luggage (after the better part of a week) and enjoying walks on the farm to find berries of all kinds, fresh corn on the cob, Gus (oh, these boys love this dog), good books, lots of game playing with grandma, yummy food, american hotdogs, baseball games, a new sandbox, sewing... oh we're having good times!

4 comments:

The Egan Family said...

Emily, I'm so sorry your trip was so awful! You were worried about that - I guess it was that Mother's Intuition. Glad you're there safe and sound (with luggage) now and I hope you can enjoy lots of rest and relaxation!

Leslie said...

So glad you are there safely! Have a wonderful visit!

Phyllis said...

Perhaps this will give you a little cheer...I have a blog award for you over at my blog...
http://homeschooljournal-bergblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweet.html

Laura said...

I hope it seems worth all the effort to get here! We sure LOVE you being nearby because we love you so and I love seeing the cousins playing together!