Saturday, May 15

The Last Sunday of Easter

Today is the last Sunday of Easter. I love the way the godly play curriculum says "the mystery of Easter is so great that it spills into six more sundays". I'm also grateful that we are an Easter people, continually living in the work of Easter.

We've been celebrating the six sundays of Easter with a little candy. I filled six small jars (spice and individual sized jam pots) with jellybeans and gummy bears. They sit on the windowsill and each Sunday we divide and eat the candy, much to Jonah's delight. The events between resurrection and Ascension divide nicely into six stories to read over six weeks. Last week I decided to fill the empty jars with flowers so they didn't look so forlorn on our windowsill and I love the visual reminder the jars are to us and Jonah has never looked forward to sunday quite so fervently.

And so, for the last time this year I wish you "Happy Easter."

1 comment:

sarey said...

Jars of candy can sit untouched in your windowsill?! Who are you people? :)