Friday, May 14

Back to the Sunporch

I've now have everything reorganized on the sunporch (well, almost everything - there is one more shelf to organize). I forgot how nice it is to have the machine, a counter for cutting and ironing, and my stash all in the same space. I'm loving my table now that it is painted white - it looks so much nicer than the scribbled on unfinished wood (we got it from a family that used it as an art table for their kids).












































Tuesday Jim came home a bit early to give me some 'creative space' and there were three simple projects that came off the sunporch. I'll share two here (the third is part of a set for the whole family, so I'll wait till I finish them all before I share.)

First, a friend needed a travel changing mat for her new baby. So with a pair of Jonah's worn out jeans, a small piece of Michael Miller fabric, and an old hand towel; this was born. So fun and fast.












Second, I made my little man a little blankie. He loves it and it was just in time as he has been sick all week. You may notice the tears in my jolly boy's eyes on the close up; sick babies are such a sad thing. But, I'm including the last picture so you can see that he is, at times, his jolly self despite being sick.






















It is silky on the back, soft on the front and checkerboard machine quilted. I planned it so that I have enough fabric to make a second identical one if he attaches to it. He loves blankies and soft toys, which is fun because Jonah has always preferred books in bed.



























































(a note for family: Rowan weighed in at 20 lb. 9 oz. and 83 cm. last monday - 7 months old)

No comments: