Monday, February 1

Back to normal...

Paris Airport Rest Area

Just looking at this photo makes me cringe. Exactly a week ago we were just arriving at the Pittsburgh airport with a day of travel ahead of us. The transatlantic flight wasn't all that bad as the boys slept and Jonah loves traveling across the ocean as it is the only time in his life he is allowed unlimited video watching. I won't tell you how many times he watched Winnie the Pooh! But, then we had a seven hour layover in Paris before we headed to Edinburgh where kind friends met us to take us home. It was a full day (okay only 23 1/2 hours) from door to door.

Everyone says that it takes a full week to recover from jet lag with kids and I now join the chorus. But I am hopeful that we are now all on schedule, rested and well. We are unpacked and caught up on laundry and chores (which got a little out of hand last week).

So, I sigh with relief that we are home and settled (and the bonus is that it is much easier to care for a 3 month old than a 6 week old - so it is even easier than when we left). We have traveled 17 of the past 30 weeks and had a baby in between the travel. I'm now ready to stay put, cuddle in and outlast this winter with some handmade projects, some warm drinks and my boys. It is good to be home!

No comments: