Sunday, January 10

Reading and Cooking

Jim's parents bought me "A Homemade Life" by Molly Wizenberg for Christmas and I don't think I've enjoyed reading anything this much for a long time. To be honest I'm not sure what it was about the book. The author connects her own story to different foods and recipes that have been present in her life during certain times. I think what I loved most was the writing's connection to two of my favorite places - Seattle and Paris and the mix of reading and creative inspiration.

I've already made three of the recipes. You'll perhaps recollect that I made the Italian Grotto Eggs for Epiphany. Last night we had Ed Fretwell Soup, which is a yummy Italian bean soup with swiss chard, cabbage and other veggies. And for dessert, we had the "Winning Hearts and Minds Chocolate Cake" which was a decadent, almost flour-less, chocolaty end to the day (this was gone before I managed to snap a photo).

No comments: