Thursday, August 27

Fabric Run

My friend Rachel and I took the metro up to the base of Le Sacre Cour where there are several streets full of fabric shops.  Coupon (or remnant) shops were the best find.  There were a couple of them and for 10 euros one could get three meters of cotton fabrics.  I definitely did some stash building.  It was slightly hit and miss as you took what they had, but I found some good deals.
And I came home with some beautiful fabric.  So much of the fabric reminded me of vintage sheets - thin and drapey!
In this stack there are several baby blankets, a picnic blanket, a knight tunic for Jonah, a baptismal gown for the baby, montessori mats for our little preschool...

Now I'm just counting down the hours till I'm back with my sewing machine and begin to create!





No comments: